Asia-Pacific Climate Week Side Event: A Whole-of-Society Approach to the Race to Zero
This event concluded on July 8, 2021. Please see below for the recording.
We are entering the decisive decade of delivery in our race to zero. Our ability to succeed hinges on adopting a whole-of-society approach, with subnational and non-state actors leading by example and working with national governments to create enabling conditions to move faster together. The global Alliances for Climate Action involves three initiatives in the Asia-Pacific region, the Japan Climate Initiative, the Viet Nam Coalition for Climate Action and the up and coming Better Futures Australia alliance.
Panel members include subnational government, business and civil society representatives, who will discuss the important role of collaboration, both within and across sectors, to accelerate the race to zero emissions.
• Manjyot Kaur Ahluwalia, Senior Program Officer, US and International Climate Cooperation, World Wildlife Fund
• Ken Tanaka, Climate and Energy Officer, WWF Japan, Japan Climate Initiative
• Pham Thi Cam Nhung, Programme Coordinator, Low Carbon & Sustainable
• Julie-Anne Richards, CEO Climate Action Network-Australia (Better Futures Australia)
• Toshiko Chiba, Deputy Director for Carbon Policy Planning Section, Climate Change and Energy Division, Bureau of Environment, Tokyo Metropolitan Government (Japan Climate Initiative)
• Mark Shorrock, CEO, Shire Oak International (Viet Nam Coalition for Climate Action)
• Akaash Sachdeva, Senior Responsible Investment Advisor, HESTA (Better Futures Australia)
• Andrew Higham, SUNFCCC Climate Champions Team